Tuesday, May 8, 2007

So Tired

I just can't seem to get enough rest the last few days! I am so tired! I even came home from work early today and took a 3 hour nap! Yet here I am still dead tired! I am not sleeping well at night, the boys are both wiggle worms and I get squished into one position for the night. I have to get these boys in their own rooms and out of my bed! As much as I love to snuggle with them, I need my own space back! I have had a kid in my bed for 6 and a half years now. When the kids were at moms not to long ago I so enjoyed having my bed to myself again! Does that make me a selfish mommy? I love to sleep with them, and I love listening to the breathe so calmly when they are asleep, but I need some mommy space and mommy time. Mom spent a fortune on furniture for both of their rooms and neither one of them will sleep in them. Brett won't even go upstairs and get into my bed unless I go with him. He has to be right there with me at all times. I feel so smothered sometimes! Sooooo give me some of your motherly advice on how to either get them in their own rooms, or to get over this "needing my own space" feeling. Help!

1 comment:

Colors of Me said...

It does not make you a selfish Mommy. We all need our Mommy time. Mandi and Sarah slept with me until they were 5 and 2 and Dave and I got married. My mom got the girls a bunk bed with a full size mattress on the bottom, so the deal was that they each got to pick a story every night. Then if they made it through the whole night in their own bed they would get a sticker and at the end of the week the one with the most stickers got to choose something. Sometimes it was movies, or what to have for dinner, or going for a picnic in the park. Mandi chose once not to go to her father's on his weekend LOL! I think it helped, that they were sleeping together on the bottom bunk and it took about a month to really work. But ya know, my youngest just turned 9 and I woke up this morning to find her next to me, I think she came in at about 4 a.m. I think I would miss it tooo much if one of them wasn't there once in a while. There was a point when I would wake up and have 4 out of the 5 in bed with me LOL!!!! So at that point when I was getting crowded off my own bed, Dave came up with a fun idea. If everyone stayed in their own beds all week, on Friday nights we would have a movie night. Go to blockbuster, rent a few movies, popcorn and soda, and they could set up their blankets and pillows in the family room and sleep out there watching TV. This worked great!! For the first few times I slept out there with them and then figured Mandi was old enough and I went back to my bed LOL!!! Good Luck!!