Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My baby is graduating!

Well, he is graduating from kindergarten. But he does get a cap and gown. I can't believe my baby is going to be in 1st grade! How and when did he grow up? I don't think I like it, not one little bit! He is such a smarty pants too! I guess I must not pay as much attention as I should, because I am amazed daily at the things he knows! He writes so well, he is an excellant reader, he can spell really well, (which I don't like so much, because now I can't spell things to people when we are talking because he knows what I say).

So tomororw night is his graduation. I couldn't get a shift trade at work, so I will be pushing it to get home, get ready, and have him there on time. I am so glad my mom and stepdad are coming in! That will be a HUGE help! If I am lucky they will have the kids ready by the time I get home. I might end up taking 2 hours of vacation time at the end of my shift so I can get ready in time. This is a special occasion, so I have to look ready and not stressed! I'll post pics when I get them developed. Someone needs to make me go digital! Argh!

Just the other day, he had the funniest conversation with me. I was rolling by the time he finished. It went like this... "Mommy, when you get paid and have money again, you can't waste it. You have to save the money. (here he has his hands in the air and is waving them up and down for emphasis as he talks) You have to save the money, mommy. Don't waste it, (long pause here) on groceries and stuff. Just use what we already have. If we save our money, and count by 10's, we will get to 100 faster than if we count by 1's and 5's and when we get to 100 I can get a Nintendo DS."

Nintendo Ds? What in the world?! Where did that come from? The funnies thing is he was sooooo serious when he was saying this! Because you know, a Nintendo is WAY more important than groceries and "stuff". It was so hard to keep a straight face while he was saying all of this. I didn't want to hurt his feelings because he was really serious. I had to leave the room and go call mom. Kids! Soooo funny!

No comments: