Monday, April 30, 2007

2 posts in one day!

We had the best weekend. Brett had a soccer game Saturday, bright and early at 9am (soooo NOT my choice of times for a Saturday). My baby did SO good! I was so proud! He ran the ball all the way down the field 4 times without scoring a goal. But the final play of the game... My baby ran down the field, he kicked, and he SCORED! The final goal of the game! That is my boy! He ran back down the field yelling "Momma did you see what I did?! Did you see? Did you, Momma?" He was so awesome!! I love how he is just so great at every sport he tries! He has tennis lessons this year as well, which he really enjoys, but it is nothing compared to his love of soccer and football.

On Sunday Brett spent the day with his most favorite uncle in the world. Sunday's are what we lovingly call "Uncle Steve day". Brett spends almost all day at Steve's house doing "manly" things, ha ha. This weekend Steve took the training wheels off of his bike and had Brett jump on. Well don't you know the child took right off?! Turning and standing up and not falling over! I totally was waiting for the whole 'go 4 feet and fall over sideways and get a big boo~boo on your knee' kind of first ride. But not my little man! He was so good! I have lots of pics of his bike riding but since I am not in the digital camera age yet, you will just have to wait til I get the film developed. Same with the soccer pics. I am so behind on my film! I have so many layouts planned but the film is sitting in a drawer in the kitchen. One day soon!!

So that sums up the "sporty" part of the weekend.

Blake's new things this weekend were learning words. He is FINALLY starting to talk some! He is almost 23 months old!! He says your normal baby words, momma, buh (Brett or Bubby), bye~bye, ni~ni (nite nite)... You know, baby words. But now he is saying "lelloooowwwwwwww" for hello. It is SO stinkin' funny to watch him! When he gets to the "o" he curls his tongue and the "o" sound keeps going. He drags it out for about 5 seconds. Too cute! He also learned how to say thank you. His version is "tay too" which just sounds so adorable!

I love these boys! Every dirt covered, sticky faced, lovable inch of them!

No comments: